Today’s pedal line is from Patrick Gundran. If you have a pedal line (doesn’t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to pedallineeffectsbaycom. Every Friday I’ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
I play in a few very different projects as a guitarist, but use the same pedalboard in each, with different approaches.
Abductee is a minimalist dark blues punk duo:
Jodie is an aggressive improvised noise duo:
My pedal line:
1. Boss TU 3: my old cheap plastic tuner from the 90′s died last year, so got this. Well built and does what you need a tuner to do and I love Boss stuff.
2. RMC4 Picture Wah: I’ve always had the cheapest Dunlop Crybabies that I’ve found around and were kind of crap. This one is amazing, has the vintage tones you want, extremely well made in Coos Bay, Oregon and not cheap but so, so worth it.
3. Saturn bypass looper: cheap and well made, what can I say? 30 bucks?
4. (loop) Analogman Peppermint Fuzz: sputtery adjustable fuzz, great vintage sound and most importantly, looks freakin’ cool as hell!
5. (loop) Keeley Nova Wah: Pretty spendy for what it does, but I like the design and love all Keeley stuff. This I use to boost the Peppermint Fuzz’s volume and can have two separate wah frequencies on tap too, to counteract the fuzz’s tendency to be dark/muddy.
6. (loop) 1979 MXR Phase 45: I love phase, but never can find just the right kind or the right place for them. This one sounds great, very Lesile organ sounding. Sound awesome in front of distortion and fuzz, though in the loop I have it after the Pepperment Fuzz and Nova Wah.
7. Keeley Modded Boss DS 1: one of the early one’s by Keeley, very basic useable distortion made more hi fi and louder.
8. Keeley Katana Boost: This one colors things a lot and needs to be in the right spot. I use this on it’s own to drive the front of my Marshall for a great crunch. Also use it to boost the signal further when the looper has the Peppermint Fuzz, Nova Wah and MXR Phase 45 running.
9. Keeley Fuzz Head: This fuzz in more in the distortion realm, but is great running hard into my Marshall. It’s got at clarity within the fat warm fuzz sound, you can hear your guitar sound still. It’s very musical. Great running stacked with the DS1.
10. 1980′s Boss DM2: I had one of these in the 80′s and ended up losing it or it died. I always wanted to replace it. Now they’re ridiculously expensive, but I got an amazing deal on this one. Warm and perfect sounding. Adds so much character and tone. Don’t really need another analog delay with this on board.
11. Aria Flange: I’ve had this since the 1980′s and it’s not in line, but on the board. Sometimes I’ll have it set up for siren sounds or when I need an 80′s flangy sound. This adds a lot of volume boost, which can be useful and it feedbacks awesomely.
Everything is housed in a NYC pedalboard and all the connections are with George L. cables, which really make a HUGE difference in sound.
Cheers! Love your posts!
Incoming search terms for EffectsBay.com:
- efek loop
- tatto kit di jual
- Skema mixer sound craap
- skema efek gitar DOD overdrive
- keeley compressor kopen
- keeley comp after sparkle drive
- jual keeley overdrive
- jual efek gitar uberschall
- harga t rex twin booster
- Gambar skema giga bass