Today’s pedal line is from Roland Anderson. If you have a pedal line (doesn’t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to email@example.com. Every Friday I’ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
My name is Roland Anderson. I’ve been playing for 29 years, but I just started using a pedalboard about 5 yrs. ago. Before that, I just plugged straight into the amp, or had a dirt pedal between the guitar and amp.
Due to time constraints, I do not play in a band right now. But I do manage to get out to an open jam a couple of times a month.
I have 3 main guitars- Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, and Fender American Deluxe Strat that plug into a Rebel board. Then the line of pedals that follow in the this order:
1. Korg Pitchblack. I use the normal setting and never had a problem seeing it, even outside. I also use it to cut the signal when changing guitars.
2. Dunlop Jimi Hendrix JH-1B wah. I don’t think this really that close to Jimi’s wah, but I love the flavor of it. It’s very vocal sounding, and looks killer with the chrome and white trim.
3. Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde. I bought this one brand new when they first came out. Since I play blues and metal, it’s been a perfect pedal for me. I just reached the top of the list for Analogman KOT. I plan on swapping these two pedals out, depending on what genre I going to play.
4. Diamond Cornerstone. I won this pedal from Premier Guitar last year during it’s Stompboxtober event. I didn’t put it on my board immediately, because I didn’t have room. I have yet to play with it at stage volume, but from what I can tell, I like it so far.
5. Boss TR-2. I use this pedal mainly for mellow rhythms, not much else.
6. Boss PH-2. I only use this pedal to add a little flavor to a solo occasionally. Actually I bought the TR-2, PH-2, and a Danelectro modulation pedal (can’t remember what it is right now, but it a leslie simulator) all for $60 from someone just trying to get rid of some equipment.
7. Boss NS-2. I only use this pedal to get rid of the excess noise when playing hard rock and metal. Never use it for playing blues. I would use it to cut the signal, but it’s easier to activate the Korg, since it’s on the bottom row.
I had an MXR 10 band eq, and an MXR Dyna Comp, but they added too much noise to the signal, and I never used them anyways.
All of the pedals are powered by a 1 spot.
This is a link to a previous band I was in before. I was using the J&H pedal on most of the songs. https://myspace.com/kemistery