The TC Electronic Ditto Looper is something on my want-to-buy list. I’m a fan of loopers – own the Line 6 DL4, Boomerang and RC-3 Loop Station. They all have plus and minuses just like any pedals out there. Points that catch my eye immediately about the TC Electronic Ditto Looper are the following.
– Size. I’ve been wanting a looper on my board, but frankly, room is tight at the moment. Also, in my current band, looping isn’t a priority, so I like the fact that the profile is so small, I can add it to the board without pushing something off.
– Sound Quality. TC Electronic is a name that is all about quality… and specifically attention to the source signal. The Ditto Looper has True bypass and Analog-Dry-Through, which is very important to me.
– Simplicity. This pedal looks very simple. One knob for loop volume. One footswitch for recording and stopping. This is about as simple as it gets. I’m a little concerned about the ‘stop’ functionality. I never liked the RC-3’s double tap to stop, and TC Electronic is using the same method. I have NOT heard any complaints though.. so this might be a smooth and easy solution. If you own a Ditto Looper.. please comment below and let me know what you think about the stop functionality!
Here is a complete list of features on the TC Electronic Ditto Looper:
- True bypass and Analog-Dry-Through
- 5 minutes of looping
- Undo / Redo function
- Unlimited overdubs
- 24 bit uncompressed high quality audio
- Ultra-small footprint, requires 9V DC adapter (not-included)*
Here is a great video (not necessarily a ‘demo’) of a guitarist (Kasper Falkenberg) showing it’s capability. Video uploaded by tcelectronic:
Now, I’m pretty excited about this. The TC Electronic Ditto Looper is normally available for $130, but is currently on sale for only $106.98 at Amazon! Additionally, this ships for free as well. Not sure how long this price will last, but $24 off.. is good deal! If you’re looking for a great looper (like me) this might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!