Todayâ€™s Pedal Line Friday submission is from Jeremy Quick. If you have a pedal line (doesnâ€™t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to email@example.com. Every Friday Iâ€™ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
My name is Jeremy Quick. I wanted to submit my current setup to your pedal line Friday. Here is a breakdown of the current layout. (which is constantly changing.)
1967 Fender Princeton (non-reverb) For smaller rooms and jazz gigs
1968 Fender Bandmaster Head (non reverb) for louder groups
– Custom 2×12 speaker cabinet I built myself. Has a 12\u201d Celestion speaker (open back) and a 10\u201d eminence speaker (closed back)
Guitars: (I built all my electric guitars)
– Strat w/ lollar blackface pickups and overwound bridge
– Tele w/ Lollar charlie christian pickups
Large Pedalboard: (I built it myself with reclaimed Cherry wood)
– Underneath is a voodoo labs pedal power 2 that is powering all the pedals
– Signal starts in an xotic ep booster. I have been experimenting with having this before my distortion to effect the distortion sound.
– Next is Wren and Cuff Tall font russian (I spent about 10 years gigging with different fuzz pedals and this is only one I sound good thru.)
– Ibanez Tube Screamer.
– Xotic RC booster. This pedal is generally on all the time. This one or the EP booster. Depending on the room. I change the order often.
– Boss octave OC-2. I mostly just use the Octave 1 option . It is very funky and sadly not polyphonic but works for my uses (duo with drummers)
– Little Lehle is just an effects loop for the Moog Ring Modulator. I use the moog a lot for funky solos but it sucks tone so needs an efx loop.
– DLS rotosim is my favorite leslie speaker simulator. Great for blues or jazz comping
Smaller Pedal board (Pedaltrain Nano) (I use this by itself for jazz gigs or combine with bigger board for more options on rock gigs)
– Boss tuner (this gets moved around in signal chain all the time.)
– Holy Grail Reverb. I general do not perform live with reverb ( I use slapback delay). But lately I have been experimenting with minimal reverb
– EHX Freeze. I only use the latch setting. Great for some accompaniment for intros or atmospheric spots in songs
– Boss DD-7. I use it for slapback delay all the time and also looping on my solo or duo gigs. It is also great in cover band situations for longer delays
Currently all pedals then run thru my volume pedal. so it acts like a master volume. Then I have been putting my cry baby pedal right before the amp so I can effect the delay sounds as well, but not sure yet what I think about that. Generally I go thru the Wah pedal right out of the guitar.