Remember – we are giving away a Darkglass Electronics Microtubes B3K Bass Overdrive – click here to enter.
Today’s Pedal Line Friday submission is from Bruce Arensmeyer. If you have a pedal line (doesn’t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to email@example.com. Every Friday I’ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
Hi guys, This is a New Old Stock PT-1 Board with hard case I just put together for my outdoor and practice gigs. Pretty sweet sounding with my Les Paul Traditional Pro with Wolfetone pickups. Also, I researched and shopped for all new pedals except for my Boss, and put it together for under $700.00 with cables. The chain is as follows:
1. Boss TU-2 Tuner. Old standby that still works great and has needed buffer.
2. BBE Bench Press Compressor. This is an old Ross style compressor that sounds great IMO, and I found new on Reverb for only $40.00. Prices can vary greatly but they are definitely getting more valuable every day it seems. I own 2, one for each board.
3. Caline CP-12 Pure Sky Overdrive. This is my light overdrive for some crunch and slight boost. Really good pedal for $30.00 and transparent and quiet. Caline makes good solid pedals for next to nothing!
4. Donner Blues Drive Overdrive. This is my heavy crunch pedal that gives a great blues sound, but sounds best when matched with the Pure Sky.
5. GFS Brownie Classic. This is my distortion pedal for getting dirty. Great with leads and well made. Love the 3 way switch for Open, Power, and Compression. I prefer the compression sound in this rig.
6. Caline CP-22 Purple Smoke Boost. Another great Caline pedal that boosts transparently, but is adjustable to add some grit if desired.
7. Morley M2 Mini Volume Pedal. Small footprint and works well. Not real crazy about the feel, but I don’t do a lot of swells so it’s pretty much set and forget.
8. Digitech DL-8. Great delay and looper for self practice. Also has a buffer to drive the signal.
9. Behringer RV-600 Reverb. A fair reverb. Not exactly my cup of tea with a plastic housing and the sound is just okay.. I own a Strymon Blue Sky on the other board so I’m spoiled to a quality reverb sound. Use the Plate for regular reverb and Space for some shimmer at times. Run this through an Egnater Rebel 30 combo clean channel and it sounds really good. Also, I am a firm believer in the pedallabels for settings. With constant movement and setup, this helps me make sure my settings are where they should be. I use them on both boards.