Todayâ€™s pedal line is from Dave Jones. If you have a pedal line (doesnâ€™t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to email@example.com. Every Friday Iâ€™ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
Here’s another submission, much changed on my board since last time, especially the fact I’ve totally purged drive pedals and started over, I get many of my pedals by trading in the old ones and patiently waiting on eBay for a bargain, pays off 🙂
Apart from the TC Electronic Poly Tune, we have, in order :
– This is a terrifically ‘natural’ compressor, it stays on much of the time, adding juice and body to the sound, no ‘pumping’ artifacts.
– This is all ‘Keef’ ZZ Top, that ragged tweed sound, very responsive to amps and guitars, it ‘adds’ something which brings grit to the sound
– Smooth natural overdrive, wanted to try this as Richard Thompson uses it to such subtle and great effect. it’s a very well behaved, natural drive.
– Latest acquisition and more fun than a box of spaced out frogs. I haven’t owned a true distortion in some time, not being very ‘metal’, but this is all juicy sag, harmonic squeal and sustain like over-egged ZZ-Top, lovely ! Goosing this with the Les Lius results in serious mayhem !
– Blew my Dunlop vibe off the board, again an RT related acquisition, chorus mode is deliciously rich and swirly, butÂ also tend to leave it on a subtle vibrato mode setting most of the time, with ‘modern bright switch enabled, brings ‘movement’ and swirl to the sound.
– What an epiphany after using boss DD series for ever and a day, this has a lovely organic rockabilly vibe, I mostly use it for short delay and slap-back, another ‘always on’. The modulation function is handy for adding a subtle chorus to the sound without overpowering things.
Added a pic of some of the rest of the rig too, as you can see I’m a big fan of a certain US manufacturer 🙂 The Supersonic 22 is a fabulous amp with an excellent drive channel, especially after smoothing with a 5751 in V2. Installed a Dr Z BrakeLite in the back to tame it a bit domestically !
Dave, South West England.