Todayâ€™s Pedal Line Friday submission is from Luciano Tirabassi. If you have a pedal line (doesnâ€™t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Every Friday Iâ€™ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
Pedal Line Friday – 8/4 – Luciano Tirabassi
Hi there, I am sharing my live rig for electric guitar.
The basic signal flow is:
1. DigiTech Whammy Ricochet. This gets engaged to do the high octave stuff that it’s primarily known for.
2. TC Electronic PolyTune 2 Mini. I love the strobe mode.
3. Electro-Harmonix Micro POG. I just use it for some organ-like instances.
4. Moog MF Boost. I love this pedal, it gives a nice grit and color to my line. Mostly always on.
5. Moog EP3. I use it as an expression out of the MF Boost, which allows me to control the gain. With this and a crunchy amp I don’t need any other gain pedal.
6. MXR Phase 90 Script. By now I just need a simple phaser to push certain passages, I’m using it at a low rate to color some short crescendos before explosive choruses.
7. TC Electronic Viscous Vibe. I use it with a semi-fast speed and high intensity through clean passages so it is sounds bold but not aggressive, sometimes I combine it with the Micro POG.
8. TC Electronic Spark Mini. I use it mostly to emphasize volume for some licks, solos or occasionally more as an always-on when I perceive a low output from my line on stage. Then there’s a peculiar song where I activate it to make little sounds big on verses and then deactivate it to avoid excessive harshness when playing faster/stronger on the choruses.
9. Strymon TimeLine. For most songs I just leave it on all the time with its correspondent preset, I prefer to have different tempos pre-stablished so I just forget about the tap tempo feature.
10. Strymon BigSky. I use few presets, mostly the bundled Studio one to add some depth to the general sound and then a relatively long one (around 14 seconds of decay) for some ambience which I tend to close with the hold/freeze function.
I mostly play a Fender Telecaster American Standard. All this usually runs into a little dirty Vox AC30CC, half through the front and the other half through the effects loop. I put the modulations, Spark Mini, delay and reverb in the loop to keep them from breaking up in the amp.
Other stuff: under the board (Pedal Hole Vulcano) I run two Strymon Ojais, MXR patch cables, D’Addario/Planet Waves Cable Station, Mogami Gold Instrument Cable, KWC Instrument Cables.