Today’s Pedal Line Friday submission is from Andrew Diaz. If you have a pedal line (doesn’t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Every Friday I’ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
Here is my current chain! I just tightened it up
First, I have either my Fender Jazz V Deluxe or a Moog Sub Phatty running straight into:
1. MXR Bass Compressor – very musical, transparent compression that gives the rest of the chain a great signal to work with. And the gain reduction LEDs are just this coolest.
2. MXR Bass Octave Deluxe – Be careful with delicate speakers
3. SoundBlox Pro Multiwave Bass Distortion– such a versatile distortion, need to get an expression pedal
4. DOD Gonkulator reissue – girlfriend got me for christmas.. she is a keeper for sure! Throws your sound into a blackhole and reanimates it on the other side
5. Line 6 FM4 Filter modeler – THIS PEDAL IS INSANE I like to use it with an expression as a frequency variable wah and create attack sensitive filter sweeps, among many others
6. Boss PH-2 Super Phaser – Mode 2 on this pedal is a very high Q upper mid phase that tames low end and distortion for more subtle parts, love it with a slow rate
7. Ibanez Stereo Chorus reissue – best bass chorus I’ve ever heard, very subtle on the low frequencies so it won’t muddy up a mix if you have multiple low end instruments playing different notes
8. Digitech Hardwire DL-8 delay/looper – mostly use it for the looper on my bass, but also get very nice ambient tones with lo-fi and very little feedback
9. SP Compressor by Xotic USA – This levels out and balances my sound after being processed with all the other pedals. The distortion pedals and the FM4 can cause sharp gain changes and this compressor keeps it all level while remaining musical and preserving my attack when i’m not on a squashed sound.
I’m hoping to add the Source Audio dual expression pedal to control the multiwave and the FM4 soon, but for now I have so many sounds I need to check out I’m not in too big of a hurry.