Steve from ZÜE Engineering contacted me a couple of days ago and let me know about a new pedal that they’re launching.. called the On TIMER. Immediately hearing the name, I figured it was a delay. Well.. I was off.. way off.
The On TIMER is a basically a ‘timer’ pedal. At first I didn’t think it would be beneficial, but honestly, after thinking about it.. I can see the application being quite cool. The pedal basically acts as a stop watch (counting up) or provides a countdown indicator with warning flashes, etc. The pedal has a few applications.
– As a musician in a band, questions about how long the set list is.. or how long the new song is comes up. Normally, I would get my phone out and set a stop watch. The issue, I would normally forget to start it or stop it.. cause my phone is in my pocket, etc. This would be a great tool in the rehearsal space to determine how long the set is.. or how long the new song idea is.
– The primary design is to keep musicians aware of how much time they’re spending on stage. Nothing worse than a band taking too long for their slot, screwing the last band of the night. You can configure this to based on a ‘clock’ or by duration of minutes. If you have 45 minutes to be on stage.. you can set it and know where you are in the set.. or you know you need to be done at midnight for example.
I can see venues investing in this tool for their stages. Could be quite handy for sound guys and keeping things on schedule.
Check out this video:
Here is their official press release (released today):
ZÜE Engineering launches the state of the art On TIMER Pedal for musicians.
ZÜE Engineering has launched a one-of-a kind product the- “On TIMER” pedal that will redefine every musician’s pedalboard. The On TIMER pedal functions as a clock paired with one of two different countdown timers or a stopwatch. The On TIMER allows musicians to clearly track and manage their time while performing or practicing.
Chicago, IL – ZÜE Engineering offers the next generation in pedalboard clocks that incorporates the latest technology and a wide variety of features. This state-of-the-art pedal is designed to help musicians manage time while performing. The On TIMER is a dual display clock/ timer pedal that shows musicians both the current time and one of several programmable count-up or count-down timers.
Every musician needs the On TIMER pedal to manage their performance, be it singers, bass players, guitar players or keyboardists. The On TIMER is housed in a beautiful diecast powder coated aluminum enclosure, with a pair of LED clock displays that can be seen clearly during a daytime or dark stage event. While the top LED time display always shows the current time, the bottom LED time display can run a countdown timer, stopwatch, or dynamic countdown timer based off a firm end time. This unique pedal is controlled by a pair of ‘soft touch’ footswitches that allow musician’s control of the pedal with their feet.
“We are very excited to introduce the On TIMER pedal. A lot of time and effort has gone into the creation of this pedal. We designed the On TIMER from a musician’s point-of-view, so that the end-product is a reliable and quality pedal, fit to travel to every practice, club, or stage. The On TIMER will change the face of every musician’s pedalboard and be as common as a tuner for musicians. ” – Steve Cutler, ZÜE Engineering
The On TMER Pedal provides a wide variety of features:
– 12 Hour Clock – The top LED time display always shows the current time.
– Countdown Timer – The bottom LED time display functions as a countdown timer, which can be pre-programmed prior to a performance.
– Finish Time – Finish time is the second countdown timer that calculates a countdown based off a firm stop time. If a performance must end at 8 p.m. sharp, and the musician starts ‘Finish Time’ at 7:07 p.m., a 53 minute countdown clock starts.
– Stopwatch – Stopwatch is a count-up timer that can be used to time new songs, setlists, or for practicing.
– Convenience – One single pedal shows you the current time of the day and one of three programmable timers.
– Warning Time – Warning Time is a programmable visual indicator to give performers a heads up that you are nearing the end.
– Bright LED Displays – The On TIMER features a pair of two-stage LEDs. The displays are bright so they can be clearly seen during daytime events, and can be dimmed for night events.
– Rugged Design – The On TIMER is housed in a powder coated diecast aluminum housing with industrial soft-touch footswitches.
About Us – ZÜE Engineering was founded in 2013 by a group who hail from a wide variety of industries. The goal of ZÜE Engineering is to bring solutions to market that are both innovative and original. ZÜE Engineering is headquartered in Chicago, IL.
For more information be sure to check out their website. Let me know what you think by commenting below: