Adam over at Boredbrain sent me a message letting me know about their new pedal – the Transmutron Dual FX Loop Crossover Filter. I’ve been a fan of Boredbrain Music for a long time, ever since their Patchulator products came out. That I like about Boredbrain? Well, I love the fact that he creates tools that unconventional, which immediately leads to unexpected creativity.
split signal into two frequency bands process with pedals, eurorack and other effects crossover, crossfader and resonant notch modes
control splitpoint with CV and expression pedal select between 12, 24 or 48 db/oct filter slopeslimit bandwidths with hi & low cut filters
Here are additional features / specs:
- +10dB pre-FX gain per channel
- Mix output or individual output of each FX channel
- Solo cycle footswitch for channel isolation
- Phase inversion switch to reduce phasing and enhance stereo output
- Half-normalled FX sends for buffered copies
- 3.5mm FX loops switchable between pedal and eurorack levels
- Power: 9VDC negative center 2.1mm (psu not included)
- Input and FX Returns Impedance (1/4-in): 1Mohms
- Output and FX Sends Impedance (1/4-in): 1kohms
- Control Voltage Input: -5V to 5V (10VPP)
- Dimensions: 5.875 x 3.875 x 2.125 in
- Weight: 15.5 oz (440 g)
he Boredbrain Transmutron Dual FX Loop Crossover Filter falls into this … but in a BIG way. Check out the feature video below:
As you can see, this tool is quite powerful get inspired with. I can see studio guys going nuts for this! The Transmutron is not available now, but is available for pre-order. They plan on shipping orders by November 1, 2018. You can pre-order the Boredbrain Transmutron Dual FX Loop Crossover Filter for $285, you can get a FREE 5-pack of 24″ or 48″ patch cables. You can pre-order here.
Let me know what you think by commenting below!