Today’s pedal line is from Alex Beach. If you have a pedal line (doesn’t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Every Friday I’ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
Been playing in bands for 11 years collecting pedals just as long.. my dad (a pedal junkie himself) bought my the MPS pedal pad, a Tu-2, a fulltone Clyde deluxe, and a DD-20 and left a note that said fill in the rest… was one of the coolest things he has ever done for me!
got those when I was 14 and I’m 25 now
Board 1 (NYC Pedalboards double Board other half used by the singer/ guitarist of whatever band I’m with)
1. Digitech Whammy IV: Used for octaves/ 5th up and what not most of my harmonizer tones
2. Glass Hero Whammy Mix: custom made mix box to take the dry and wet signals from the whammy and let me mix in my dry signal
3. Electro Harmonix Micro Synthesizer: i have 2 of these because i love them so much… i keep alot of mental settings and you can do a whole lot with one of these boxes!
4. Ernie Ball Volume Jr.: Wanna get a modded one or get this one modded cause i do use the tuner out but this one has worked for years and it really doesn’t suck that much tone
5. Boss TU-3 : just upgraded and put my TU-2 on my bass Board and i love the boss tuners cause you get an extra power jack so i use one power supply for both the tuner and the whammy mix
6. Thin Power strip with stupid Wall Warts.. but a power supply for these pedals would be unnecessary
7. Also Pictured is the Footswitch for my Bogner Shiva
Board 2 (MPS Pedal Pad w/ power supply and mixer)
1. Fulltone Ultimate Octave: I have had this pedal for 10years and it has become a foundation of certain songs for a really glitchy sounding fuzz.. some people hate them but I would never get rid of mine!
2. Z.Vex Vexter Fuzz Factory: Super Early Vexter Series Fuzz pedal.. had this for 9 years
3. Z. Vex Ringtone TT: Crazy Sequencing Ring Modulator that i am constantly trying to find uses for!
4. Fulltone Clyde Deluxe: also 10 years old and still kicking ass! Love the whacked setting for rock and the Shaft setting for funk
5. Glass Hero TT: Tap Tempo pedal for the DD-20 on the other end of the board but i tap with my right foot…
6. Menatone Fish Factory: V2! 2 very excellent very different takes on the TS in one pedal! use the Red Snapper to kick my other drives in the ass and the Blue collar is that great Med Gain sound
7. Xotic Ac Booster: Ltd. Gold for 2011 this pedal with pretty much everything maxed other than volume has become my favorite heavier distortion sound into the front end of an amp… the active EQ controls help to pummel the amp!
8. Fulltone OCD: V2 this is the 2nd V2 ever made! it has been my main distortion for a really long time now mostly used for Solos or going completely over the top by mixing with either the fish factory or the Ac Booster
9. Z.Vex instant Lo-fi: i use it as a Vibrato and a super spanky bright Compressor… it is fantastic at both can get weirder any time i desire
10.MPS Patch pad: most people never really used these as far as i can tell.. but i have always used mine.. the patch pad has 2 channels each with its own effects loop which is really cool. The signal goes into the patch pad from the instant lofi on channel 1… and then out to my Delay pedals this way if i want to patch anything else in pre delay i don’t have to move things around on the board i can just patch it into the patch pad!
11. SIB effects Mr. Echo +: Which is just a fantastic Tape Echo Simulator and the Slam Functions is super fun
12. Malekko 616: Analog Delay with Buffer and modulation set usually pretty short but i change the settings on this and the SIB all the time
13. Boss DD-20: First Delay Pedal i ever had i love having 4 settings plus a looper setting and a tap tempo control and when you add an additional tap tempo pedal to a dd-20 you get one of the most versatile digital delay pedals on the market… no more annoying Boss tap tempo dancing!
14. Demeter Tremulator: with the red knobs! Good enough for Ry Cooder and Johnny Greenwood… good enough for me… just a great Fender Tremolo Sound!
Board 2 is powered internally by the Power Pad that comes with the pedal board as well as a t-rex fuel tank jr
1959 Gibson Les Paul jr (modded to a special in the 70’s)
1968 Fender Bronco (Fiesta Red modded to mustang)
1989 Cremer Super Strat (Coral/Salmon pink,Bill Lawrence Pickups/ Tom Anderson Neck/Dimarzio Body)
1990 Cremer Super Strat (Fiesta Red, Tom anderson pickups/ Tom Anderson Neck/Body)
2006 Cremer Jazz-ter-bator (Burgundy mist Jazzmaster Body with rosewood Tele neck, gibson P-100 Mastery Bridge)
???? Tele Thinline Custom (Black/ Hollow/ Maple Neck. Dimarzio Area Hot T. Bridge/ Tv Jones powertron neck)
197? Gibson Grabber (Garage Sale Find!!!)
Bogner Shiva 1X12 Combo
Bogner Shiva 1X12 Cab
Orange/ Mercury Mag./ Jule Holy Terror (Mod’d Tiny Terror)
1964 Ampeg Reverberocket II
196? Silvertone 1483 head (w/ Tremolux Transformer)