I came across this cool video a few days ago showing My Morning Jacket’s Carl Broemel messing around with his Electro-Harmonix Ravish Sitar. This video was interesting to me since he was using an acoustic guitar and playing with classic ‘sitar’ tones, but I was digging the percussive aspect of the acoustic as well.
This was what Carl had to say – quoted from EHX’s blog:
It’s so crazy! Once we started using it, we didn’t take it out of the chain. I used it with acoustic, combining the natural acoustic sound with the pedal into a tape echo and an old Fender Princeton amp. It’s also great on electric baritone guitar and pedal steel, too. I love using an expression pedal to control the volume of the sympathetic drone sound. That is super useful.
Here is the official description of the Electro-Harmonix Ravish Sitar:
Electro Harmonix Sitar Sitar Emulation Pedal.
* Transform your electric guitar into a sitar
* Lead sitar voice tracks your notes polyphonically with a wide range of tonal possibilities
* Selectable decay speed for the Lead voice
* Sympathetic string drone simulation with a wide tonal range
* Create custom Sympathetic string scales from your guitar
Here is the video by EHX: