I have to say that I wasn’t a big believer in the Line 6 Modelers. But the bottom line.. you’re starting to see it everywhere, and that means I need to take a serious look. Line 6 definitely does effects ‘right’, so not sure why I never gave it a hard look. I think one of the biggies for me was seeing Chris Shiflett of Foo Fighters using the Line 6 M13 to replace a bunch of his pedals. It solved the size issue on stage, and obviously the quality was there to justify the shift.
Here is the official description of the Line 6 M5 Stompbox Modeler:
The Line 6 M5 Stompbox Modeler is a “super-stomp” that gives you access to one of over 100 coveted effects at at time with a footprint the size of a standard pedal. But M5 is also different – it’s designed like a Swiss army knife to carve out sonic creativity one brilliant effect at a time. Dare to inspire and be inspired with its 100 gain-defying distortions, lush choruses, scintillating reverbs and many other kinds of expressive effects.
Why buy another pedal every time you’d like a little extra spice? M5 is your buddy who’s got the garage filled with half a century’s worth of modern and vintage effects. But this time he’ll loan out anything from the collection and never ask for it back. From the classic and timeless to the bold and esoteric, M5 has got you covered. Your instant stockpile is robust, easily switchable and well known – many of the effects are from DL4â„¢ Delay Modeler, VerbzillaÂ® and other famous Line 6 pedals.
M5 costs less than one good single effect pedal, features an easy-to-read screen, and is infinitely customizable.
Line 6 M5 Stompbox Modeler Guitar Multi Effects Pedal Features:
* Less is more – compact size is no bigger than one large single effect pedal
* More is more – over 100 of the most popular pro-quality effects seen on pedal boards around the world, delivered one at a time
* Stompbox simple – you didn’t have to learn a new language for your old favorites, why start now?
* Totally pro – fully stereo, MIDI capable, expression pedal option, tap tempo and much more
* Rugged – battle-ready construction you’d expect for something you’ll be kicking all the time
Now, here is the video by line6movies. I really dug the loop they were building. It showcased it’s capabilities very well: