Today’s pedal line is from Justin Vigeant. If you have a pedal line (doesn’t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to firstname.lastname@example.org . Every Friday I’ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
Clockwise, from the right corner:
1. Boss Tuner TU-2 (can’t live without)
2. A Homebrew Electronics (HBE) Germania 44 Treble Boost. I like the Lo-Fi setting, which sounds like an old Range Master treble boost. In front of the OD, it sounds amazing. Behind the OD, its muddy.
3. HBE Power Screamer OD w/ Fat Boost (the toggle switch on the left) and a 10db volume boost. As you can see, I keep my Gain around 9 o’clock.
4. Roan Tone modified Duncan Shape Shifter Tremolo. The mod allows you to set the tap tempo when the effect is bypassed (hard to imagine they weren’t originally designed that way). This pedal has a ratio option, where you can set the trem speed to double, triple, or quadruple what you tap. It is VERY handy for getting those 8th and 16th note speeds.
5. Boss DD-7 Delay with an Boss FS-5U tap controller. I use only the analogue setting on this pedal; though sometimes I will use the “hold” (basically a loop) setting to create a wall of noise if the situation calls for it. I also use the loop when I play solo acoustic shows.
6. BBE Sonic Maximizer Stomp – really gives the signal a lot of clarity before going to the amp.
This is a fairly simple setup I’ve gone with. I’ve found (especially as a singer) that with too many pedals, you can get bogged down in tap dancing and forget about rocking out.
I have been playing guitar since I was 11, so that is roughly 25 years. Only recently have I really done research on amps, pickups, effects, and the like. My two main guitars: an American Series Fender Telecaster (w/ Rio Grande Dirty Harry pickups) and a Gibson SG Classic (P90 model). I play through a Peavey Classic 50 410 and a Fender Blues Jr 112 (for those gigs where you have to load in up 2 flights of stairs).Â I listen to mostly indie-alt rock and alt-country. Favorite guitarists would include folks like J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr), Jay Farrar (Uncle Tupelo & Son Volt), Doug Martsch (Built to Spill), Brian Henneman (Bottle Rockets), and Neil Young.Â My band is called Poiema and we can be seen and heard on MySpace (for now)…
Thanks for looking!
Justin (on Facebook)