Remember – we are giving away a Darkglass Electronics Microtubes B3K Bass Overdrive – click here to enter.
Todayâ€™s Pedal Line Friday submission is from Charan Tonsuwannarat. If you have a pedal line (doesnâ€™t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Every Friday Iâ€™ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
To start with the introduction part. My name is Charan Tonsuwannarat, an independent artist from Thailand. A guitarist of an alternative rock band, Weeping Pillow. And also working on my own solo project under the name SENTiRE. Other than that, I also work with many others indie artist in both the musical side and production side.
Since I am mainly playing alternative rock with an influence from British music scene, and also fell in love with the Shoegaze sound, all those mentions make me feeling the need of making my setup a little bit bigger than normal players.
The flow are as follow:
-> Pre Board:
1. Electro Harmonix Small Clone
2. Vox V847A Union Jack Edition
3. Electro Harmonix Pitch Fork (with Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal)
4. Electro Harmonix Good Vibe
-> Main Board:
1. Korg Pitchblack Limited Black Chrome Edition
2. Electro Harmonix Hot Tube
3. Boss DD-3
4. Walrus Audio Jupiter Fuzz
5. Electro Harmonix nano Big Muff Pi
6. Electro Harmonix OD Glove
7. Electro Harmonix English Muff’n
8. Electro Harmonix Super Pulsar
9. Ernie Ball VP JR 25K
10. Red Witch Titan
11. Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Sr. (* through effect loop of Titan)
12. T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
13. Electro Harmonix Cathedral
-> Hayden MOFO 30 (UK Channel)
Yes, the full setup consist of 2 pedal boards (with that volume pedal outside of the 2 boards). But if I, by any chance, am too lazy to lift all the things to band practice, I can also bring just only the main board, the pre board are just for additional flavour.
I always fell in love with the sound of delay into delay and into delay and may be with some more delays and also reverb too. So I often found myself play with Titan + Disaster Transport Sr., both A and B channel on and end it the hall reverb of the Cathedral, which I can also say that the reverb is under the “always on” status. At some part, I also turing the Nova Delay on to get that pingpong delays sound which of course, this board is stereo ready. Just 1 extra cable to connect from the right output of the cathedral to additional amplifier.
The DD-3 is set so that I can use it as a stutter delay with fast medium delay time and feedback at maximum to have that same stutter effect as heard, a lot, by Jamie Hince form the Kills.
My main guitar is a Fender ’72 Telecaster Deluxe Re-Issue with Lollar Regal Pickups on both the neck and bridge position. I also change the pots to 1M according to the vintage specs.
My 2 other guitars also work with the same system. The Squire J. Masics Jazzmaster change the factory tune-o-matic bridge for a roller type and the pots to 1M. Another one is a vintage Nashville Power Telecaster replica made by Francisco, a Thai guitar maker which has already stop their business 20 years ago, the pots are 500K with all pickups change to Realtone Custom Pickups, a Thai custom pickups brand.
Since these 2 guitars output are lower than my main guitar, the Hot Tube come in action, to help boost single coils signal up to about the same level as the high output of the wide range humbuckkers.
I plan to do a little upgrade on the pedals, may be swap a Nova Delay out for a T.C. Electronics Triple Delay. Add one more reverb and also may be a compressor.
If you are interested in listening to some of our tracks. You can go for https://www.facebook.com/weepingpillow/
If there are anything any of you guys would like to discuss about, you guys can reach through this channel.
Facebook: Charan Tonsuwannarat
Thank you for your interested. Happy music making to you all.
Some additional Information:
– I had a little bit of a GAS on union jack printed gear.
– The speaker cab at home are just an old broke keyboard amp from a friend I respect which I took out the amplifier unit and use just only the speaker as a cabinet.
– All the pedals are powered by 4×4, Voodoo Lab power supply. Except the English Muff’n, which has it own separate 12 VAC supply.
– My favourite artist; Noel Gallagher, Oasis, Slowdive, Tokyo Shoegazer, Ride, Silversun Pickups, Smashing Pumpkins . . . . . . . .
7 years ago
Great boards our Thai friend — I’m going to try some of your delay set-ups — Thanks — JBReply