Yesterday, on the Gear Talk P&W Facebook group, I saw a photo that caught my attention. It was a photo of Kellie with her new Creation Music Company pedalboard. The board if fully loaded, and she is stoked. What followed was interesting. The response from people in the group, and some humorous photos of people replicating that photo.
– So clearly, you love your Creation Music Company board. What were you using before?
I have a friend who I play with at church start a small pedalboard company and asked if I would like one of their boards to try out while they figure out what works best. The company’s name is Forgiven Pedalboards, based out of Houston, TX. I loved it, I just needed something bigger.
– Why did you want a Creation Music Company board?
I first saw a Creation board over a year ago on instagram and fell in love with how perfect and clean their boards always come out. You can just tell there isn’t any detail overlooked. I connected with John from Creation on the Gear Talk:P&W page, and was so happy with their customer service and willingness to work with me. John answered every question I had and was able to make suggestions that really made my board better than I would of even hoped for
Â – EffectsBay is a blog focusing on effects. Let’s talk about what’s going on with the board.
JHS Double Barrel 2 in 1 Overdrive
Electro-Harmonix Soul Food
JHS Mini Foot Fuzz
Xotic SP Compressor
Electro-Harmonix Micro POG
TC Electronic Polytune
Boss DD-20 GigaDelay
Strymon BlueSky Reverberator
Ernie Ball VP
Selah Reverb. It was given to me from a friend who had it special ordered custom from Selah.
Line 6 Echo Park Delay – I love that thing. Its my oldest pedal.
– It looks like you have a great blend of drives and verb/delays, what style of music do you play?
I just play worship pretty exclusively. I’m attending Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry in the fall and hope to make the worship team, so I’ve been practicing Bethel’s style of worship for a while now.
– Based on this board.. what is your deserted island pedal. If you could only have one.. what would it be?
Ha this is such a miserable question! It would definitely be a toss up between my DD20 and Blue Sky. But I’ll have to say the gigadelay. I use it the most.
– Do you have any links to any recordings or music related pages you’re involved in?
I post clips of me playing on my instagram account (@morekellbelll), but thats it. I would love to do some recordings and videos but I’ve got to meet the right people to help me with that!
– So yesterday you posted a photo of you and your board, and it gained a lot of attention. As of right now, there are 535 likes and 73 comments on the Gear Talk P&W group. Did you expect this type of attention?
Honestly, yes. I’ve posted two other videos of me playing into the group, and each one got over 700 likes I think.
– Why do you think it gained so much attention?
I mean, there is the obvious…its an amazing board! Hahaha
– Let’s talk about the elephant in the room.. do you think it because you’re a female musician in a insanely male heavy world of guitar? If so.. does that bother you?
I’m very aware that I receive so much attention in the group because I’m a female musician and it doesn’t bother me at all. I don’t blame the men of this group, in fact, I’d say its us girls’s fault. We as a gender have set the bar very low musically. No one expects us to be great, so there is a huge surprise reaction/attraction when we are. It’s a bummer, but the majority of girls who play guitar just aren’t very good. So I’m happy to break the mold. (And if I find my husband in the process, so be it! hahaha)
– I’ve been seeing some photos duplicating this same pose with the board. It’s good humor fun (in my opinion). How do you feel about seeing these floating around the inter webs?
(Here is a shot of Ben’s tribute to the photo):
I think its absolutely hilarious. Ben, the first one to duplicate, messaged me before he posted it and let me know its not making fun of me. Even if he didn’t, I still would of found it funny. And I love that its specific to Creation Boards, because they really are top notch. And they deserve all the hugs.
– I would assume that you’ve received a few friend requests because of this.. am I correct?
Oh good lord yes. Right now I’m sitting at 80+. I understand that they aren’t all creepers or “thirsty” dudes, but there is just no way I can accept all of them every time I post something in the group. I have personal photos of my friends and family on my fb and I don’t want a newsfeed full of strangers.