I know today is not Friday, but due to the large queue of Pedal Line Friday, I thought I do a few on Wednesdays! Today’s pedal line is from Bobby Becerra. If you have a pedal line (doesn’t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to email@example.com. Every Friday I’ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
1. Boss TU2 -What can I say they are every where dependable and after having this one for 10yrs I am a fan
2. EHX POG 2– It makes some of the most intense octave sounds or the most subtle . I love the 12 string setting and I can scroll down to my other two favorite sounds organ and a brutal octave down sound . I have the POG 1 but having to change all the sliders in between songs is a pain. Having the presets makes having to carry and making sure you don’t lose your settings sheet a thing of the past.
3. TONEZONE WOMEN TONE– Transparent overdrive that is almost not a overdrive at all. I keep it on all the time it gives the other two dirt pedals in my over drive loop a push. It has light up boobies it’s housed in a case that looks like a old Texas Instruments Calculator.
4. ZVEX FUZZ FACTORY– It’s the not so nice hand painted version. It’s squeals,hisses and makes air raid noises. At times I think it’s a beast that can not be tamed other times I feel like the knight befriending the beast and making it my jam buddy.
5. RODENBERG 828 OVERDRIVE– Found this gem used in a guitar shop . Two 808 pedals in one you can stack them or switch between the two . Jewel lights that give you so much light you look like you have your own spotlight. Each side has a tone, overdrive and bass boost control one side has a more gain switch.
LOOP 2 RANDOM STUFF
6. DUNLOP UNI-VIBE– I used this very sparsely some times it’s pushed out of the way for my BOSS PS 3 Pitch shifter. If I used it it’s with the organ sound from the POG
7. SKULLYTONE TREMOLO– It looks cool as hell has a speed knob and a level knob the switch changes the wave shape. I love my old DUNLOP TREMOLO in the oversized purple box but this works and it’s a one of a kind. The sugar skull in etched not painted .
8. MALEKKO 616 DELAY– I am a fan of his old builds but this has some cool options. I like the modulation controls. It has a buffer button and for those who must mess with something the inside has a pot you can mess with until you break it or get the sound you like.
9. WAMPLER TAPE ECHO– Faux tape that you can turn off and use as a delay or turn on the tape option and get the speed up slow down warble that tape gives you. Along with the typical controls it gives you a shade knob and a movement knob that color the sound.
10. FREAKSHOW FX DIGILOG– You can go from 300 to 600 milliseconds with a flick of a switch. Has a time, decay, mix and feedback controls. The best part is the second switch that sends the pedal into oscillation when stepped on. It’s one of the older hand painted models. Still being made but no longer hand painted.
NOT IN A LOOP
11. AKAI HEADRUSH DELAY TAPE AND LOOPER– Lots of options and 4 head tape delay simulator , 32 seconds of loop time and it mimics a analog delay. It has to be one of the easiest loopers and you can record over and over or step on the button a get rid of all layers and leave the original loop you recorded.
12. SKULLYTONE BOBAFET BOOST– I am not a stars wars fan but had to have this one of a kind boost another etched graphic has a buffer switch and the darker knob is the volume.
13. KILPATRICK LUSH PUPPY REVERB– This is a reverb pedal with a twist. You can add a delay to the reverb but the delay is a very little almost slapback delay. No longer being made but videos are online and worth looking at to witness this very original idea .
EFFECTS LOOP is a loop master PEDALTRAIN Board inside a ROADIE CASE. ROADIE is a company out of Holbrook NY.