Today’s pedal line is from Brian Theoret. If you have a pedal line (doesn’t have to be in a board) for your rig, please email me a photo, bio, description of pedals and routing to email@example.com. Every Friday I’ll showcase a pedal line submission. Make sure you include any links to your band or music page.
Hi there, I love Effects Bay and often find myself just waiting for Friday to com around just so I can check out the latest Pedal Line Friday. It is one of my favorite spots to check out online these days.
I started putting this collection of pedals together a few years ago, adding one at a time here and there while I fine-tuned various sounds I wanted to emulate. I started off with Chorus and worked my way up to my most recent two additions, the Boss BD-2 Blues Driver and the Boss TR-2 Tremolo.
Please visit my Facebook, Twitter, Reverbnation, or homepage to hear some original tunes, see what we are up to, or just to say hi:
– Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor – I mostly use this to cut off my sound if I’m switching instruments mid-show. It is great for cutting out any unwanted noise as well.
– Fender PT-10 – Your basic tuner. Works like it should, does what it’s supposed to.
– MXR EVH Phase 90 – Great phaser with a little extra EVH edge.
– Danelectro Milkshake – My ol’ standby chorus pedal. Simple controls, yet sounds great.
– Boss BD-2 Blues Driver – This is the only driver/distortion pedal that I have found that works amazingly with both my electric AND my acoustic. You can get amazingly diverse sounds out of this, anything from face melting to warm blues. I tend to lean more towards to blues.
– Boss TR-2 Tremolo – It’s a pretty standard tremolo. I really enjoy the various types of tremolo I can get out of this pedal. I’d like to check out The Tremolessence by Dr. Scientist. From what I hear, it is one of the best sounding tremolo pedals around today.
– Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
– Boss DD-20 Giga Delay – There are loads of things I can do with this pedal. Anything from Sound on Sound to Modulation, it does its job beautifully.
– Morley Power Wah Volume – Great double duty pedal.