Today I want to talk about the T-Rex Gristle King overdrive pedal. This overdrive pedal was originally the result of Tim Jauering who developed this pedal for Greg Koch. T-Rex purchased the rights of the Gristle pedal and are now creating it for the masses. There are a few other overdrives that come close to this circuit, but this is a close as you can get to the original. A great sounding overdrive.. and very versatile.
Here is the official description:
The T-Rex Engineering Gristle King Effects Pedal was developed especially for Greg Koch. The Gristle King offers you a wide variety of boost and overdrive possibilities. The Gristle, Tone, Gravy and Flavour controls and 2 toggles dial in just the tone you’re looking for. The T-Rex Gristle King pedal gives you 2 effects, plus extra tonal possibilities, in one compact stompbox.
T-Rex Gristle King Guitar Effects Pedal Features:
* Input Impedance @ 1 KHz: > 1 megohm
* Output Impedance @ 1 kHz: < 10kOhm
* Power supply: 9V DC
* Minimum Power supply Voltage: 8V DC
* Maximum Power supply Voltage: 12.5V DC
* Current Draw @ 9V DC: 12 mA
* Maximum input signal Vp/p: 3 Vp/p
* Battery Type: 9V battery 6F22
* Battery Life: 12 to 16 Hours
* External connectors: Input Jack. Output Jack, 9V DC Jack
* Controls: Gristle (On/Off), More switch, Gristle (distortion), Tone, Gravy (volume), More, Pre/Post, Flavor
* Dimensions: 5″ W x 2-1/4″ H x 3-7/10″ D
* Weight with Power supply: .88 lb.
Here is a video by Burgerman666 that really goes into great detail on how this pedal sounds:
Remember, if you like reading about these pedals and seeing videos reviews from others, please subscribe to the RSS feed and get notified via email when there are new postings!