Just like fuzz pedals, I’ve been on a hunt for a different delay in my set up. I currently use the Line 6 DL 4, which is great, but for some reason, I have a hard time linking up with it. I think it comes down to simple ease of use or something. Presets are great and important, but I almost prefer straight knobbies or something. I don’t know. It’s a personal issue.. which I need to work on.
So far, my short list of delays is T-Rex Replica, Deluxe Memory Boy, MXR Carbon Copy.. and possibly the Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay. I like the fact there are two bays of pots and two footswitches to control which delay mode you’re in.
Here is the official description:
The Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay pedal is a hand-wired pedal with two selectable settings of delay time, feedback, AND delay level, not just delay time! Also has effects loop for modulation, and expression pedal jack for delay time.
1. True bypass switching, the right side foot switch is effect ON/OFF.
2. Two sets of controls, not only delay time but also delay level and feedback YELLOW channel (upper 3 knobs) or RED channel (lower 3 knobs) are selected with the left foot switch.
3. Battery or normal 9V boss type power. Power jack in the center top.
4. Battery compartment on the bottom for quick and easy battery changes
5. Low power consumption, 15mA, so an alkaline battery should last about 30 hours of use.
6. Jacks are on the top of the pedal for efficient layout on pedalboards
7. Input jack on the right, unplug to disconnect battery
8. Output jack on the left
I found another gearmanndude video demo’ing the Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay (minus the foot controller). It’s not the most exciting demo, but it shows what this pedal can do, and how the analog tone sounds.
Remember, if you like reading about these pedals and seeing videos reviews from others, please subscribe to the RSS feed and get notified via email when there are new postings!