I’ve been hearing about this. I asked the question “Best delay pedal available today?” a while back, and the Empress Superdelay was mentioned several times. Empress Effects has been pumping out some fantastic pedals since 2004ish and have really secured their place as a quality boutique pedal company.
While poking around at Amazon, I found a decent deal on the Empress Superdelay, but first here are the details of this awesome delay:
The Empress Superdelay isn’t your basic delay. Sure it does basic delay sounds, and it sounds better than anything else out there while doing them. But if all you want is a simple delay, the Empress Superdelay isn’t for you. The Empress Superdelay is for musicians who want to be inspired by their pedals, not limited by them.
* Killer Sound Quality – The Signal to Noise ratio is around 105dB.
* 2.8 Seconds of Delay Time – For your extra long delays.
* 8 modes – normal, tap, autoset (delay time is set by tempo played), reverse, rhythm mode (multitap), tape mode, misc (dynamic, gate), and 12 second looper.
* Expression Pedal Input – allows you to control either mix or feedback with your foot.
* High Pass/Low Pass Filter – high pass is good for electronic music, low pass is sweet for darker analog delay type sounds.
* Fast/Slow Modulation – slow adds extra texture, fast is a little crazy.
* 8 Presets – Settings can be saved to 8 presets. With three stompswitches, accessing the presets is easy.
* Tap Tempo with Ratios – many of the modes use tap tempo, and the ratio selection makes fast in-time delay times easy.
Here is a great video by EmpressEffects:
Also, here is a good video about the Tape Mode. There are a few modes, and various videos can be found that covers them all:
Remember, if you like reading about these pedals and seeing videos reviews from others, please subscribe to the RSS feed and get notified via email when there are new postings!