Yesterday @fadyperdana asked for compressor / sustainer suggestion. Coincidentally, I was just looking at the Electro-Harmonix Nano Soul Preacher the other day on YouTube. This appears to be a nice little compressor / sustainer with some nice options.
Here is the official pedal description:
The Electro-Harmonix Nano Soul Preacher is an effect pedal that offers you 3 selectable attacks coupled with silky, long sustains that blend in perfect harmony to create one of the finest compressors ever built for guitar and bass. The variable attacks offer super articulate compression. Lets your guitar step forward without squeezing the life out of your tone.
Electro-Harmonix Nano Soul Preacher Compressor / Sustainer Guitar Effects Pedal Features:
* Sustain Control adjusts the amount of sustain.
* Volume Control sets the output level.
* Attack Toggle Switch provides 3 settings of attack: fast, medium and slow.
* Footswitch Selects whether the Soul Preacher is engaged or bypassed. The LED will be lit when the pedal is engaged, and dark when bypassed.
* 1/4″ input and output jacks.
* When in Bypass mode, the output jack is connected to the input jack through a buffer.
* The barrel connector is for a 9-volt battery eliminator capable of delivering 100 mA of current. The inner ring of the 9-volt battery eliminator must be negative, the outer ring positive. The unit’s battery may be left in or taken out when the eliminator is in use.
Here is the video I was watching by EHX
You can pick up the Electro-Harmonix Nano Soul Preacher Compressor / Sustainer pedal for $103.35 at Musician’s Friend.
Remember, if you like reading about pedals and seeing videos reviews from others, please subscribe to the RSS feed and get notified via email when there are new postings!
13 years ago
Hello, you schould also take a look at the Barber Tone Press Compresser. Best sounding compressor I’ve heared yet, and I’ve tested a lot. It has a true-bypass and a mix pot, so you could mix the compressed and uncompressed signal to get better results.
.-= underwoodÂ´s last blog ..MXR Flanger M-117R =-.